Monday, February 20, 2012

Nature's Touch


Well they say time is the best healer..for me it was nature.

Whenever I need to decide something important in life I need support of nature. In case of any confusion confinement of concrete walls doesn't work for me. In such a situation I need the company of nature. Sometimes unrestricted view of sky and natural aura evokes deep thoughts within our minds and calms us down so that logical thinking stimilate. Almost all our problems can be solved with a calm and composed mind.

I am a water person. Anything related to water excites me whether its a placid lake, a flowing river or a booming sea. Well my preferred water destination is sea beach. Whenever I used to visit any beach, I used to start running towards it out of enthusiasm. The roaring sea waves ,the soothing breeze, the open sky and the pale sand always rejuvenate me.

For me a sea beach is one of the most appealing creation of god. Especially at night there is no comparison to its beauty. I enjoy visiting the beach at night and taking a stroll bare footed on the cool sand with only the sound of the waves as background music and the shining moon in the sky. It gives me a high that nothing else can ever give you. I feel like an artist admiring the beauty of her muse. I can spend endless hours in such a state.

On any occasion when I am near any sea beach somehow it washes away all my tensions and sadness.

There is one such incident related to beach that I remember fondly.



I was always a carefree child. I never experienced any moments of anxiety in the blissful days of childhood. After completing my higher secondary education in my home town I opted for engineering college outside my state.

The entrance exam went well. Soon the day came when we had to select a college based on the ranks that we got in the entrance exam.

I was very attached to my father. He always had a major impact on all my decisions.
He wanted me to select a particular college which was nearer to my home town and he knew a lot about it. Though I did not liked that college that much still I agreed.

A counseling venue was selected for college selection procedure and a big auditorium was chosen and all students gathered there. There were pamphlets available for all colleges in that state. We were supposed to provide two options out of all the colleges whose seats were available.

I chanced upon one such pamphlet. Well as soon as I saw it I fell in love with the college. The infrastructure and facilities that the college was providing was admirable. But this college was far away from my hometown. My father wasn't too keen about selecting this.He liked to stick to the first choice he gave me. Moreover we did not have any information about this 2nd college other than the pamphlet .

For two option I selected the 1st college my father wanted and second that I liked. There were seats available for the first college. So we were sure we will get it. We were waiting for our turn to come. When my turn came I knew I will get admission in the college of my father's choice. I moved ahead in full confidence towards the councilor and handed him over the choices for my college.

But something unexpected happened here. I came to know all seats for the first college got booked just before my turn came and he booked the second choice that was mentioned by me. I was shocked for a moment as I wasn't mentally prepared for this college. Though I liked the pamphlet but actually I had never visited the college and I did not have any information about it. As expected my father got disheartened.

He was apprehensive about sending away his daughter to a unknown college which was far away from home. To tell you the truth even I was doubtful. For the first time I experienced uncertainty and uneasiness. We returned to our hotel room perplexed.

Half the admission fee got submitted before the counseling. I was not sure whether to study in that college or not. We couldn't eat dinner that day nor could we sleep. My parents were distressed throughout the night.

Towards early morning I slept for an hour. When I finally woke up I saw my father sitting next to me.There was morning tea ready for me. He seemed to have eased off.

He suggested there was nothing that we could do by worrying and asked me to get ready. My disturbed mind was still confused onto whats going to happen when I join the unknown college.

I got ready and had little biting for my breakfast. Outside the hotel I saw a cab waiting for us. Father had booked the cab to take us to the new college. I felt a sense of relief go through my body. Finally I would be able to see the college where I would be spending four important years of my life.

When I reached the college I liked it. It was appealing.

We returned with better state of mind. We were not that much worried anymore. We knew at least the college was nice. But the place was far from hometown and people were unknown.

My father had another planning for the day. After returning back to hotel we ate our lunch and another cab arrived. There was a famous town nearby which had an acclaimed temple as well as a beach. The cab took us there. First we went to the temple and offered prayers. Next we went to the beach side. As soon as my feet felt the warm sand I felt very relaxed. We walked towards the sea and chose a secluded spot and sat there. We spent few hours or so just by watching the waves come by. The vast sea, the cool breeze and the setting sun the ambiance was beyond imagination. I could see birds returning to their nest and the sky becoming red as if a painter has spilled  red color on his canvas. The natural aroma of wetness all around was heavenly. The water was deep blue in color and was crystal clear. Even venders were not haunting us. I could see few children playing near the beach .Their laughter sounded like music from wind chimes to my ears. I felt as if a fairy has come down to earth and moved her magic to take away all my negative energy and show my light.

I guess nature here was the fairy.

It completely tranquilized me . I decided the there was no point in getting disheartened. The college got selected because of destiny and come whatever may I will finish my admission in the college. I have faith in god and believed whatever happens happens for the best.



We decided to spend another day in the town. The next day we actually had a great time spending countless hours in front of the sea  playing with the sea waves and collecting sea shells. It was like meditation for me.

All our worries had evaporated. We went back to the college with a firm mind minus the confusion. I completed my admission procedure.


The four years that I spent in the college were the most amazing four years of my life and I am glad I took admission in the college. Today I am employed in a good software firm and I can definitely say I have great fun memories associated with my college. Well this 100% real experience did change my life.

Participated in The Kissan 100% Real Blogger Contestin Indiblogger.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful encouraging story dear!

    Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very heartfelt! Glad you enjoyed your college and it was a 100% real exp for u :) I do hope you will read my childhood experience with nature and share your views :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much canary for your kind words. I loved your post too.

      Delete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs