Friday, May 25, 2012

Effervescent Kolkata

Kolkata- City of Joy


Hey friends, just came back from a trip to my home land, Kolkata. The crowded lanes, humid weather, the lovely people the fun ambiance.

As I had visited Kolkata after  long time,  I could not resist re visiting my favorite places and clicking pics wherever possible.

Here are some snaps in side the famous victoria memorial. Undoubtedly i adore this place an d well its very romantic as well, especially the lake side.








A statue next to victoria.


The following snap is a section of Belur math. Belur math is exceptionally beutiful and peacful place but photography is not allowed inside. :(

As my grandma lives nearby I have some special memories of belur math.


The bally bridge near belur math. well we enjoyed a boat ride on the ganga and enjoyed every bit of it.


As we cross the Ganga we reach Dakhsineshwar. Almost every year I visit this holy place of godess kali.


The vivekananda statue inside Dhakshineshwar.


.Would love to hear your comments.

.

5 comments:

  1. Loved each and every shotttt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this
    subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!
    Feel free to visit my web blog ; fancy dress ideas for wonderland party

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovelyyy place wish i could get a chance to visit this wonderful city

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thanks so much Kala.. Make some time for yourself and go and visit Kolkata...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kolkata ..loved the post :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs